Homemade Jerky Recipe
- Select a lean cut of the meat of your choosing. The less fat the better (we suggest topside/silverside). Chill thoroughly for easy cutting.
- Thinly slice in 5-6mm strips (or as desired)
- Season with Hi Mountain Jerky Seasoning and Cure. Approx 1.5 Tbsp per 1kg of meat for each. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Spray with Misty Gully Liquid Smoke (optional)
- Place into oven (leave door open a crack), smoker or BBQ over smoke. Cook at 93c for 60-90 mins. Taste regularly to determine when done.
- Remove from oven/smoker and place in container or bag and place in fridge to cool.